Hey there, today’s post is to show you just some of the fun and awesome newness that you can get at the latest round of Collabor88. I’ve been going nuts for some shorts/capris and summery tops and happily the designers really delivered. My super cute poses today are from Elymode and available at Pose Fair for just a few more days. It comes with six poses all together (mirrors included) and also a lunchbox that you can color change. There is also a lunchbox gacha machine that gives you a chance to win other boxes such as the Sakura Blossom box that I have here.
I decided to take a stab at Strawberry Singh’s lastest meme since I figured it would be a fun trip down memory lane and give you alittle more insight into the blogger behind the blog.
My 10 SL Firsts Meme
- First SL Friend: I would have to say Misty Harley who I met in my first few months in world at The Shelter. We were both newbs trying to find our way around and she seemed to be the only one to ever try to offer me help when most of the old timers couldn’t seem to be bothered. We seemed to hit it off and were friends for a long time until we had a falling out that was unfortunate and mostly based on miscommunication. I still miss her friendship till this day and hold no ill feelings against her.
- First SL Kiss: Sighs, Dreucel Divisadero was my first kiss and the one who started me down the path of romantic entanglements in SL. Before him I always managed to keep men at arms length but there was a chemistry between us that I just could not resist. One night at the end of September 2006 he took me to see my first live performance in SL and while we listened to Lyndon Heart sing, he leaned over, took my hand and kissed me . Damn could that man emote.
- First SLex time/place/partner: This would go to Dreucel Divisadero again because that kiss quickly turned so electric we couldn’t fight it for very long. Just being near him or him entering a room would make me feel sparks. So, I’d have to say beginning of October 2006 would have been the fateful night. He ended up breaking my heart, but after some time we did manage to repair our friendship and even though we haven’t talked in a long time his number is still in my phone and his face is on my RL Facebook.
- First SL Partner/Girlfriend/Boyfriend/Wife/Husband: My first boyfriend, then partner, then finance would be Matthew1 Mathieson. A guy I had been dating suddenly vanished and showed no signs of returning and a friend of mine forced me out and over to The Shelter to be around people. That was the first time I met him, I was so drawn to him I had to send an IM (something I don’t do often) and we had a nice chat. Eventually we met again and talked and after some bumps I TPed him to a show I was at and within a short time we fell hard for one another. I have to say from beginning to end our relationship lasted roughly three months perhaps slightly more (good ole SL) when I broke up with him a week before we were suppose to get married so that I could follow my heart to be with someone else. That was probably the most foolish thing I ever did in my SL, not only did I break his heart but I lost one of the very few people that mattered most to me. To this day I miss him and wonder where he is and how he is.
- First SL Job: I mentioned this one in another meme I did. It was the first and only job I’ve ever had in SL, being a cage/table dancer at a club. I want to say it probably only lasted two months, but was so much fun and I enjoyed hanging out, dressing sexy and flirting with the boys. After the owners got involved with some asshats I quit and decided that working in SL wasn’t for me. Although I still think about becoming a creator, I never get far enough to make it a reality.
- First SL Creation: I took a class in my early days of second life and learned how to make a fireplace. I had a lot of fun doing it and actually used that fireplace in my first few homes way back in 2006. After that class I took several more on how to make earrings and even how to make a flexi cape. If nothing else it was a great way for me to learn how to use my editing tools better to move stuff around.
- First Encounter with a Linden: I’ve never personally met or talked to a Linden before, I think I’ve seen one around, maybe, but never actually formally met one.
- First Encounter with a SLebrity: Oh wow, I’d have to say the first time I sent an IM to Digby Smalls to tell him how great a job he did on one of his sets, we started chatting here and there and eventually he found his way on my friends list. Even though we did chat and sometimes banter during his shows and I sexually harassed him endlessly during them too, I never quite got over his being this amazing sorta performer. Cheesy I know.
- First SL Sim you fell in love with: It’s name was Moonlight Salsa and Romance and it was a sim that was attached to the sim that I rented my home on for a long time. There was a gorgeous waterfall, formal dancing place, wedding location and just little places to sit and relax. You could go into the waterfall to all these little hideaway spots, but my fave spot was a little corner of the sim that had meditation pillows and I would sit there and listen to the wind chimes and watch the water flow by in the river.
- First SL Blog Post: Ugh, do I really have to show this? Keep in mind I had NO clue what I was doing and no idea about how to get shadows or how to do windlight or anything, but here goes. I personally think I’ve come a long way. https://camisstyle.wordpress.com/2011/11/18/this-is-my-first-post/
Skin: Glam Affair – Margot in America 02 (NEW @ Collabor88)
Hair: Truth – Lavinia in Blacks
Glasses: Boom – Minimalist Glasses in Cherry (NEW @ Collabor88)
Bracelet: ChiMia – The Typist Love Bracelet
Top: Tee*fy – Rachel Ruffle Sweater in Pink Floral (NEW @ Collabor88)
Shorts: Tres Blah -Denim Bermuda Shorts in Dark (NEW @ Collabor88)
Shoes: G Field – Deck Shoes Summer Pack
Poses: Elymode – Lunch Box Poses (NEW @ Pose Fair)
Lunchbox – Elymode – Sakura Blossoms Lunchbox (Lunchbox Gacha @ Pose Fair)